Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Moving on

Sometimes women are discriminated against in workplace. Is that still true in Malaysia?




One of the primary rights of every employee is the right to be treated fairly, and women are not exception of this one. This discrimination has various forms such as wage-gap and preventing to gain key position.

Another aspect of discriminating is preventing women from further job promotion, for many instances, the governmental Assistant Director, Director etc. Is this true?

But I think employees are highly discriminated based on the "I-know-you" factor while the gender issue is only relevant to male-chauvinistic bosses who to me remain a minor in our society.

Where I work, the "I-know-you" factor prevails above and over any so-called merit policy. Don't talk about the quality of work, the sacrifices or the commitments. If they don't know you because you don't 'see' them or they don't 'hear' you, then that's it! They don't see your work or see you working, so you are being discriminated whether you like it or not. So strategy is an important tool here.

People like me would have to work triple hard because the "I-know-you" factor just do not work with me. The formula is way out of my principle, so I deserved this treatment.

Nevertheless, after having to suffer one miserable year with one moronic person, I have to say congratulations to myself and syukur Alhamdulillah for all the good things bestowed onto me, recently. I am now moving on to another quite-familiar field within a very welcoming environment.

As Pak Lijah had said, there would always be good things waiting for you after whatever bad things that you have gone through. Thank you Pak Lijah for all your support and kind words.

Again, I thank Allah for all this. Semua yang baik hanyalah dari Dia.

3 comments:

z.a.i.r.e.e.n said...

Rightly said there, pak lijah.
Great things do come for those who wait.

Anonymous said...

dear mak lijah..did u move to a totally new work place?congrats anyways...

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mak Lijah on 'moving forwards'...

yeah, good things always come late for good peeps. hahaha

hope you dont kantoi in your PTK, and yeah you can reply both in malay n englis, like reen said... we'll just have to wait and see whether she will repeat or not...